Saturday, December 31, 2005

What alot of bloggin' going on!

So, since I'm new to blogging I decided to cruise around - especially the San Diego knitters ring I'm waiting to be approved to get into and I noticed several things:
1. Bloggers are prolific writers! I like that. I like writing down my thoughts and rather than inflict them on some rapless souls that get my looong e-mails better to just post them for someone to read or not - as they wish.
2. These new knitters are young, cute things! How nice! I remember when I used to knit when I first joined the Army - lo these many years ago - my EX husband - note emphasis on EX used to tease me about being the youngest grandmotherly type in the world. I'm still not a grandmother but there are times my incessant knitting makes me feel more matronly than I did before I took up knitting again.
3. You knitters get gother and go to fun places like L.A. Oooh! I wanna come, too! I did my fellowship at Cedars-Sinai and I love L.A. and am always looking for an opportunity to run on up to the big city.

So, other than my observations I will add that I got started on a new project last night and went to bed pretty late since I just could not put it down until it was big enough to transfer to my circular needles vs. the dpns that I really do not like.

It is so rainy out. I don't care that we need the rain my whole body wants the sun out more. So, since it is rainy out DH requested a pot of chili for dinner so I suppose I should get it started. After dinner is the designated knitting time and since our big plans for New Year's eve is to stay home with the kids and watch the Penguin movie I should get a good two or three hours in on my new little baby blankie which I'll take a picture of as soon as it's large enough to not be invisible.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there from local SD...I'm Paula from SD Fibers that was thinking to get more active in that group by posting!? We received that Penguin movie as well...really relaxing actually..I haven't ventured to the SD rings yet..I'll have to look for that!Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! sorry for double comments, but..head on over to my blog because I've 'tagged you'! :)

    ReplyDelete