Tuesday, May 23, 2006

2 Circs for WHAT??

As I stated in my last little blogger attempt I'm easily bored so took to another method to soothe my knitting frenzy in the form of knitting socks. I do love to learn something new. So, since Cast On had an article on two socks on two circs AND I'd recently been gifted a vintage sock book on the exact same subject. Thank you Gloria of the San Diego Fiber Arts group!! I decided to go out and buy two cute little size 2 needles and figure it out.

HOW CONFUSING!! OK - so that was my gripe the first time I gave it a whirl. I chalked my confusion up to starting a new project during Saturday Night Live and being a bit tired. So, I got started again late Sunday night - I can tolerate almost anything while watching the goofy girls of Wisteria Lane. So, by last night, at Chorus rehearsal - where we had a reaaally long break I dragged out the bizarro sock contraption. By this time I'd figured out the whole - like a dog chasing it's tail bit, since the first night I kept finding myself knitting on one needle with the other falling onto my lap!! Duh! This couldn't be the right way. So, rather than spell it out the silly analogy of the dog chasing it's tail finally registered with me and I at least could use both needles. But

IT TAKES TOO MUCH CONCENTRATION!! The lady I was talking to at rehearsal said it looked like it was too complicated and I had to agree. Usually, I virtually never look at what I'm knitting unless it's a portion of a pattern that I'm just learning. For these goofy circs I was glued to the stiches. I knit to RELAX! This was not relaxing. So, I agreed with my rehearsal buddy and switched over to the double points then and there.

So, if anyone out there ever reads my musings AND if this two circ thing is something you know about. PUH-LEASE tell me what's so great about this method and why oh why should I give it another try?

Other than that - it's been a spectacular day in San Diego - beautiful blue sky from the moment I woke up. Only down side is my sweet baboo is on the other coast AND this is Tuesday so I have bible study and can't knit until I get home. Yeah - I'm an addict.

Well, time to go pick up DS#2. Funny thing - I got this hour of my life back unexpectedly when he called me to tell me his guidance counselor went home sick, thus cancelling our third attempt at scheduling his next year's freshmen classes. It's getting to be a joke around here.

Time to go - Happy Knitting

No comments:

Post a Comment