Monday, May 22, 2006

Sock Success!

So, since I'm still waiting for my Mermaid seller to send me a new pattern I've taken to sock knitting with a vengence. I finished my first pair while I was listening to all sorts of transfusion lectures overlooking beautiful Lake Tahoe. What a great experience all around. The self striping sock yarn I bought - supposedly to make one pair of socks - had so much left over I decided to make a second pair. Yes, I do have very small feet. Just to be sure I had enough for two I made them cuffless - like a golf sock or something. So, I finished those Saturday after knitting like a crazy woman trying to stay awake during a cord blood transplant meeting at LAX. Less interesting topics at a less than picturesque place. Hey - you can't win them all. I got the education credits AND I got two more socks out of the deal.

I decided to send the first pair of socks to NYC as a gift for a 97 year old family friend just out of the hospital. So DH took them out there on his business trip. Reportedly, she loves them. Unfortunately I didn't get around to taking a picture of them before gifting them.

Since DH is out of town, I don't have the Mermaid pattern to finish that up, I turned to socks again. I got some more self striping yarn but in a gorgeous subdued shade I think DH will like enough to wear. But since I bore easily and crave new skills I dug up the new book AND the latest issue of Knitters - I think - that describes two socks on two circulars. Thus far I'm not sure why people think this is an improvement over dpns. I just read the two circ description on the sock knitters web site and am willing to try again. My biggest trepidation with this is I'm more of a "touch" knitter. I do it by feel and don't spend alot of time watching my needles so this whole grab the right end of the correct needle seems a little too intense for something that I do for relaxation.

So, it's Monday and theres a huge list of gotta do's. Wish I could find that digital camera cable so I could post the pics of my finery instead of just talking about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment