Monday, May 08, 2006

Mermaid SOS!!!

Well, I have another thing to be miserable about! Here's my SOS post on the Hanne Falkenberg KAL that I sort of lurk on. Hopefully someone over there will help me out.

Mermaid SOS!!!
KnitDoc-KNIT!I've been lurking reading and looking at all the beautiful Hanne's out there. I'm nearly done with the body of my Mermaid - I think it's number 10 - it's black and grey with the cyclamen gussets. Everyone I show it to is pretty impressed. The problem is I must have shown it one too many times and LOST my pattern!!! I've called everyone I know to see if I dropped it in their car, at their house, etc...Anyway, I obviously am in need of some help here before I just wind up breaking down and buying a second kit for the last page of the instructions. I can post a picture - probably in a week or more - I'm going out of town tomorrow - if you need proof that I really bought this thing. Could someone pretty please find it in their heart to send me just the first part with the collar shaping as well as the I-cord attachment and the entire sleeve instructions as the end? I've been working on this thing since January - actually started the day my mother died in frigid Wisconsin as therapy. As we all know knitting is the best therapy and I couldn't continue the project I'd been doing at the time which was actually the felted clogs that I was making for her upcoming birthday. Yeah - as I packed to rush to the hospital I found the first clog and knew she'd never wear them. So, I threw the Mermaid in the suitcase since I'd no idea how long I'd be there. OK, OK, this is getting too maudlin. I just hope someone out there will take pity on me and send me a partial copy which I promise to not share or sell to anyone, anywhere. You can e-mail me at asecord@prodigy.net

No comments:

Post a Comment