Friday, May 05, 2006

Miserable Blogger

Miserable blogger describes me in more ways than one today. OY - I keep saying I need to tell you all that I made my very first sock and a world of other things. But nooooo! I don't want to put that on until I take a picture of said sock to show the world. So, I put it off and off, etc...

And I'm miserable because I've had off and on GI distress for the better part of a week. Yup miserable top and bottom today.

I've been wanting to post on the Knit List that my knitting was deemed "Inspirational" last week! Yup - I was at a blood banking conference. Yes, just as boring as it sounds. In my other life I'm a blood banker doc - so if you see someone on a board somewhere calling herself "Bloodqueen" that's probably me, too. I just get alot of people wondering why I have such a dark, goth sounding name so now I use DocBeccy more than BQ.

So, during the first day of this conference I'm sitting there in the dark - mind you this was a supreme sacrifice since we were in a conference center at the shore of Lake Tahoe and the weather was spectacular. So, are we outside revelling in God's glory? NOooooo. We are sitting in the dark prying our eyes open to listen about strange antibody behavior.

While doing my best to stay awake I whipped out my palm pilot and played some solitare to combat the eyelip droop. I realized how stupid this was because I couldn't look at the slides this way and I had my knitting up in my room just begging to be paid attention to. So, at the break I went and got my lovely self striping sock and the next thing you know - one by one participants came up to me to show me they had brought their knitting in to occupy themselves!

Later, in the elevator a lady - actually one of the moderators asked if I'd been knitting. I said yes and she said that I'd inspired her to bring her knitting with her to the next meeting since I was one of the few that managed to stay awake during the talk.

So - I'm chalking this up to a "Knitting in Public Victory"

Btw - I love knitting socks! Now I just have to take a picture of it, my baby blanky that needs to be given away before the kid can walk and my Hanne Mermaid WIP.

Hopefully after aleviating blog guilt I can get my other end to start feeling a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment